What is a Camlock Coupling?admin
Camlock coupling, also known as cam and groove couplings, are extremely beneficial and reliable tools that you can use in a number of ways. But what is a camlock coupling exactly and how can it be used? If you’re asking yourself that question then you have come to the right place! Read below to find out all about the versatile tool known as the camlock coupling.
How to Use a Camlock coupling
First and foremost, camlock coupling is a type of hose coupling. This means that they are a way to connect or disconnect a hose or pipe in a speedy, efficient way without having to involve complex tools or equipment. These connections guarantee tight and secure bonds because of the way that the cams lock into place. Camlock couplings have both a male and female end, as well as arms that help to lock the ends together when they connect.The male and female ends are designed to align perfectly with each other.
Camlock uses vary from style to style so it is important to recognize the different types that you could run into, such as:
• Camlock type A: male adapter with a female thread
• Camlock type B: female coupler with a male thread
• Camlock type C: coupler with a shank (hose barb)
• Camlock type D: coupler with a female thread
• Camlock type E: adapter with a shank
• Camlock type F: adapter with a male thread
• Camlock type DC: dust cap
• Camlock type DP: dust plug